Sunday, November 15, 2009

I'm not dreaming of a white Christmas

The reason that I am not dreaming of a white christmas is because i am actually dreading it. It has been snowing pretty much on a daily basis since the day before holloween. It wasnt that bad untill about a week ago. Now it is something that makes me wear several of coats, at least two pairs of socks and gloves (or whatever i can get my hands on for additional warrmth). This is the first time in my life that i will be having a white Holloween, a white Veterans day, a white Thanksgiving and a white Christmas.

So far I have been on duty and shoveling snow for Holloween, Veterans day and I am schedualed for Thanksgiving as well. I really hope that means that I can get Christmas off. Although even if I do get Christmas off i wont be where I want to be. I really want to be home in Aldergrove B.C. for Christmas but it looks like that wont be happening this year. Really depressing because I think that all I want for Christmas is to spend a week with the beautiful young siblings that I have.

Looking at moms blog I can tell everyone right now: Nick has the potential to be a professional hockey player. This baby was working hard for dad and accquired a bloody nose, but he kept working and even smiled through his pain. That is the hockey player mentality, working through the pain and doing it for the team. I couldnt be more proud of him.

Also the sharks have been doing amazingly well, I thought that this year they would start to decline (its hard to become better after winning the presidents trophy and setting all of those important franchise records, also other teams have improved dramatically namely Colorado, Los Angeles and Phoenix (two of those dramatically improved teams are in the pacific division with my beloved sharks). My sharks havent lost in regulation time since Oct 22, which is amazing and could also come to an end today when they finish a back to back with the Chicago Blackhawks. I hope that some one lays out Brian Campbell because he should be wearing a Sharks jersey with childhood friend Joe Thorton but appatently he wanted more money then he was worth and Chicago was going to do that for him. I think that one of the key reasons that the San Jose Sharks have been so energized recently has been the all star play of Dan Boyle, and Danny Heatley. Boyle has six points in his past 4 games (including 2 goals) and Heatley put an end to St.Louis penalty killing streak (they had killed 32 straight penalties before Heatley one-timed a shot past Chris Mason) and has 13 goals in 21 games.

2 comments:

  1. Nathan, Christmas just won't be the same without you :(
    We will be thinking of you all day long, knowing that at least you'll be enjoying all of the wonderful gifts that we'll be sending you in the next month :)
    We miss you say prayers for you every day.
    Great post, btw.
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're following the Sharks closely, and with much great hope that they will have a stellar season and capture that darned trophy! It's time!
    Dany Heatly sounds like a fantastic add to the team. I bet that you are looking forward to seeing some Sharks games in March! Wearing shorts!!

    Love you!
    Grandma and Grandpa

    ReplyDelete