Friday, April 30, 2010

Round 2 has some of the best matchups you could ask for

Those of you who follow hockey as well as I do will likely agree with my title. It has a rematch of Chicago and Vancouver that will have some beautifully physical play, the kind that you only see in the playoffs. These 2 teams hate eachother and the Canucks captain Roberto Loungo was crying when he allowed 7 goals in the game 6 that had the Canucks eliminated last year. This time I believe that the tables will turn and the blackhawks will be leaving 2 rounds sooner then they would like. I say this because I think that Roberto Loungo is going to be amazing, and he has 4 forward lines that are producing better then the chicago lines are.

Philly and Boston is a rematch between the winter classic teams for the second year in a row (last year Detriot and Chicago) will meet in the playoffs. I thought that neither of these teams would be in round 2 and I was wrong. So now I am going to say that Boston will win this series in 6 games. The main reason I voted Philly off of the island last round was because their goalie was 3rd string and playing against Martin Brouduer. This match up isnt going to come to goaltending, it will come down to how well the forwards play as both teams are missing some of their top scorers and will be needing now more then ever some production from their depth players.

I am had a pretty decent chuckle at one of my earlier blog post where I said that the 8th seed of the eastern confrence would NOT be going to round 2. I was wrong and for the second year in a row the president trophy winner lost the first round. 3 days latter I still cant believe that the Washington Capitals have lost but it is what it is and now I am going to say that the Pittsburgh Penguins will win in 5 games.

I wont go to indepth with the Sharks and Red Wings because I pretty much made an intire blog post on that series alone but I will say that I am super happy that my room mate who doesnt like hockey (Tyler Juel) has duty on Sunday (game 2 day) so my more hockey friendly roomate (Giacalone) and I can watch the game on the big screen t.v.

No comments:

Post a Comment